How much does parking cost?
Our general policy is that we do not allow cameras in the venue. However, it varies from artist to artist. We suggest calling and checking with the Melody Tent box office at (508) 775-5630 or the Music Circus box office at 781-383-9850 prior to the performance.
Our venues are owned and operated by the South Shore Playhouse Associates, a not-for-profit organization that supports arts and education programs in Southeastern Massachusetts. Profits from the venue are reinvested into the community through SSPA, and we have distributed over $3.9 million to other not-for-profit organizations. Your support plays a tremendous role in helping us continue to make these contributions.
The Melody Tent business offices are now closed for the season. We will re-open for the Summer Season Memorial Day weekend 2016.
Melody Tent gift certificates are available for in-person and phone sales at our sister theatre, the South Shore Music Circus, located at 130 Sohier Street in Cohasset. The Music Circus offices are open Monday through Friday from 9 am until 5:00 pm. For more information, call 781-383-9850.
Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Beginning Memorial Day weekend, the Melody Tent box office is open seven days a week from 12 noon – 6 pm, and through intermission on show nights.
* For children’s show performances, the box office opens one hour before show time.
Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Melody Tent or Music Circus Gift Cards. ID required for credit card purchases.
Tickets are available through our website anytime.
Melody Tent tickets may also be purchased in person at the box office of our sister theatre, the South Shore Music Circus, 130 Sohier Street in Cohasset. In person at the box office in season only – from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
For hours of operation, please call 781-383-9850.
Will Call Procedures
Will Call is available for pickup two hours before the start of a performance. We ask that ticket holders present the confirmation number, a valid photo I.D., and credit card used to make the purchase.
Will Call tickets are only issued to the person whose name appears on the ticket order. If you need to add an alternate pickup name to an order, please call the box office at 781-383-9850.
Please call the box office at (508) 775-5630 for accessible tickets or for more information regarding accessibility.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Please direct any questions to
The Cape Cod Melody Tent offers plenty of on-site parking adjacent to the venue.
The parking lot entrance is located on the West Main Street side of the venue. At the West End Rotary, bear to the right side of the Nor’Easter Restaurant. We are located just behind the Nor’Easter. Our parking lot attendants will direct you where to enter and park.
Parking lot gates open one hour prior to performance time.
We offer handicapped parking in designated areas. A parking attendant will direct you to the best area in which to park.
We do not allow any tailgating or barbecuing in our lots.
Since we are located in a residential area, please consider our “good neighbor policy” and do not sound horns when exiting the venue.
We request that patrons park in designated Melody Tent parking lots only.
The Cape Cod Melody Tent is not responsible for theft or damage to vehicles or contents.
The Cape Cod Melody Tent offers three concessions areas throughout the venue.
Our concessions stands are open to serve you prior to the performance and through intermission.
Our concession stands serve a variety of summer time favorites such as: hot dogs, sausage sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, ice cream, pizza, popcorn, hot pretzels, cotton candy, Slim Jims, strawberry shortcake, cookies, chips, as well as other snack foods.
We also sell an assortment of sodas, juices, bottled water, hot coffee and hot chocolate.
Our concessions stands also serve a variety of beer, wine, champagne, and frozen drinks, including Mike’s Hard Lemonade, Twisted Tea, Mikarita, Miller, Miller Lite, and more.
You must be 21 years of age to purchase alcoholic beverages. A valid driver’s license, liquor ID, passport or military ID is required.
Our concessions stands generally close by 10:00 pm, however we do reserve the right to close earlier if necessary.
Restrooms at the Melody Tent are located opposite aisles 4, 5 and 6.
For your convenience, the Cape Cod Melody Tent offers the services of an ATM, which is located behind Section C.
The Cape Cod Melody Tent and its sister venue, the South Shore Music Circus, are owned and operated by the South Shore Playhouse Associates, Inc., a not-for-profit organization. Proceeds from our venues are reinvested in the community through donations to other non-profit organizations that support the arts, humanities and education in Southeastern Massachusetts.
- Bag Policy: Our patron’s safety and security is our top priority. With that in mind we have made some minor modifications to our policies in order to increase the level of safety and security at our venues on what can and cannot be brought into our venues.
- No backpacks will be allowed inside our venues. Patrons will be asked to return back packs to their vehicles before entering the venue.
- All patrons will be asked to open / unfold larger raincoats, blankets, etc.
- Pocketbooks/purses and other bags will generally be allowed into the venue however, all bags will need to be searched by security personnel and larger pocketbooks/purses or bags and their contents will need to be fully viewable by security personnel
- Pocketbooks/purses and other bags which are not fully viewable (where they are stuffed full with items making it difficult to view everything inside the bag without emptying the bag ) may be asked to be returned to the patrons vehicle at the discretion of the security personnel.
- Exceptions to this policy include infant and toddler product packaging for our children’s daytime shows.
These policies are designed to make all of our patrons feel safer at our venues. Any questions on these policies can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 781-383-9850.
- The following items are also not allowed inside the venue under any circumstances: illegal substances, laser pens, fireworks or any item that can be deemed potentially harmful.
- Most performances do not allow any cameras or recording devices. Check with the box office regarding a particular performance. Occasionally, photography without flash is permitted and even audio recording in rare instances.
- Video recording is strictly prohibited.
- People attempting to bring in the items listed above will be asked to return them to their vehicle which will delay their entrance inside the venue.
- There is no smoking inside the tent. Smoke is restricted to designated smoking areas located outside the tent.
- No food or drinks, beverage containers or coolers, can be brought into the venue. Three concession areas selling food, snacks, and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are located inside.
- There are no refunds or exchanges on any ticket for any event.
- We are not responsible for schedule changes beyond our control, or for lost, stolen or misplaced tickets.
- Please note that all shows have an opening act, except those billed as “An Evening With…” Most shows have a 30-minute intermission.
- There are accessible restrooms, seating, and parking.
- Please call the box office for accessible tickets or for more information regarding accessibility.
- Ample on-site parking is available, the cost of which is included in your ticket price.
- The gates into the venue always open for admittance 1 hour prior to the performance.
- All performances will go on as scheduled, rain or shine. You will not be permitted to re-enter if you leave the venue at any time. Please bring everything you will need during the event with you.